Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bad Tile Day

First, let me state I am very grumpy today. I got the tiles I was going to lay in the SW room out of the kiln and discovered I put the wrong glaze on about 40 tiles. They are terrible. But being one who makes lemonade out of lemons, I am going to use them on the porch part of the room. The tiles look a little purple, which works out, because I painted a bird cage I am putting on the porch pale purple-ment to be. I recovered the outside of a wall with thinset, because it look terrible. Today I white washed the side. I put more sanded thinset on the kiva. This is slow going. Every surface and edge must be perfect-so I do a little bit and let it dry. At the rate I am going it will take two weeks. I am going to wire the fireplace to light. I don't know if I am going to light it or not, but I want the wire in there anyway. I am tired of making tile. I have 200 more to make-I'm happy to do that, because it is for a friend.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment