Saturday, June 20, 2009

Door Wall






The center arched piece of wood is the door that came with the SW room kit. I decided to make a mock door to recess in the door opening of the wall. It will add to the stability of the wall.
















This is the faux door with a jam. I am going to make a half cut out where the door is. I also cut the bottom of the door, so the tile can go under it. The jam is going to be glued to the wall and then have the thinset put around it. I am going to put faux strap hinges on the door and put some detail on it. I can not decide which is the front or the back of the door.


I guess the wall on the left will be the inside and the flip side of the same wall (that the faux door/jam fit in) will be turned to the outside. My brain is tired, so I may not work on this any more tonight. My brain is fuzzy as to what to do next.
Thanks for looking,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment